HEALTH AND SAFETY
At Railworks, we recognise that Health and Safety is an integral part of our business. We are committed to the safety of all our associates, employees and subcontractors.
We achieve this by complying with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines as well as setting up objectives and targets with the aim of eliminating work related incidents in relation to our activities, products and services.
Railworks has in place a variety of strategies to control hazards and risk and provide a safe working environment. These strategies include:
* Ensuring occupational health, safety and environment management principles are included in all organizational planning activities.
* Provide ongoing education and training to all of our employees
* Consulting with employees and other parties to improve decision making on occupational health, safety and environment matters.
* Distributing occupational health, safety and environmental information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties.
* Providing enough resources to ensure occupational health, safety and environment is a central part of the organisation; and
Railworks ensures that there are effective measures are in place to control hazard and risk, provide adequate facilities, equipment and protective clothing for the welfare of our associates, employees and subcontractors.
Railworks Aust as part of its overall commitment to a safe work place will actively work towards minimising the risks associated with fatigue in the workplace for all is associates, employees, clients and subcontractors.
At Railworks, we believe that fatigue management is an integral component of safety at the workplace. We have a clear obligation to manage the fatigue of our people involved in the railway industry. It is all our responsibility to prevent potential or threatening issues arising from fatigue related situations.
All Railworks associates, employees, clients and subcontractors have a duty of care to ensure the health and safety of themselves, colleagues and the general public.
We provide continual training to our people to ensure that they remain vigilant to the signs of fatigue and appropriate measures to combat and deal with this issue.
Railworks is fully committed to the highest standards of Railway Safety. Ensuring that the safety of the public is not compromised. We provide a safe working environment and an absolute assurance to the integrity and purpose of the railway and its safe operations.
* We will provide resources to monitor and audit Railway Safety Controls.
* Communicate at all levels and train associates, employees and subcontractors to conduct operations in accordance with Railway Safety requirements.
* We will ensure that hazards associated with Railway Safety are identified and managed prior to work commencing.
* At all times perform tasks in accordance with the Railway Safety practices.
* All associates, employees and subcontractors are to provide suggestions and actively contribute towards improving safety practises.
Railworks is committed to the continual improvement in Railway Safety and performance. We maintain communications with all associates, employees, clients and subcontractors, any authorities and the community on Railway Safety operations.
Railworks Aust Pty. Ltd.