The company is committed to the development, implementation, execution and maintenance of environmental procedures and supply methods which address, comply with and meet the objectives of the relevant statutory obligations, community environmental standards and expectations and specific requirements.
Environmental objectives will be achieved through the recognition and encouragement of a genuine respect for the environment and its protection.
This commitment will be evidenced by the control of Wet Hire of Plant and Equipment activities for suitable project specific environmental plans and the appointment of suitable personnel responsible for the monitoring and adjustment of environmental controls.
In implementing this policy, the Company will take a socially responsible attitude to the environment by:Environmental safeguards will be established and maintained through the identification of environmental concerns and sensitivities, a fostering of environmental awareness and the development of an ongoing commitment from our staff and employees .
* Minimising the need for ecological and resource sustainability;
* Setting relevant environmental objectives and targets, short term and long term;
* Monitoring, reviewing and continually improving environmental performance ;
* Minimising the generation of waste;
* Communicating opening with the government and the community on environmental issues; and
* Using the best applicable environmental protection techniques.
OHSE 003 - OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SAFETY and ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At Railworks Aust Pty Ltd, t/as Johno's Plant Hire, a commitment to occupational health, safety and the environment is part of the business.
This is achieved through:
• Complying with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines;
• Setting up objectives and targets with the aim of eliminating work related incidents in relation to our activities, products and services;
• Defining roles and responsibilities for occupational health, safety and environment.
Strategies will include:
• Ensuring occupational health, safety and environment management principles are included in all organizational planning activities;
• Provided ongoing education and training to all of our employees;
• Consulting with employees and other parties to improve decision-making on occupational health, safety and environment matters;
• Ensuring incidents are investigated and lessons are learnt within the organization;
• Distributing occupational health, safety and environment information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties;
• Providing enough resources to ensure occupational health, safety and environment is a central part of the organization; and
• Ensuring effective injury management and rehabilitation is provided to all employees.
OHSE MANAGEMENT PLAN- July 2013 Page 6